Dawn R Levitan, MS, EdD, LCPC
Dawn has been a clinician with Mathers Clinic for over twenty-five years. As a lifelong resident of McHenry County, Dr. Levitan combines Cognitive Behavior Therapy, traditional insight-oriented psychotherapy for the assessment and treatment of children, adolescents,
and adults. She is the creator of the popular Lifescopes Personal Coaching System, she is a certified Jack Canfield Success Principles Trainer. and she is ready to help you live your best life.
Dr. Dawn R. Levitan is a cognitive-behavioral therapist who earned a Bachelors of Science in Chemistry & Psychology from Barat College, Masters of Social Science from the University of Chicago, and a Doctorate of Education from Northern Illinois University. Dr. Dawn has over 30 years of experience in providing mental health services in hospitals, outpatient settings, private practice, and conducting workshops.
The Life Coaching Recovery Workbook was designed to help you to work through your thoughts and feelings that may be interfering with your emotional and physical wellness. Being able to look inward, examine your thoughts, feelings, and change behaviors can help you improve your relationships with family, friends, and coworkers. It can be used as part of a recovery plan you develop with your mental health professional, in a structured hospital setting or outpatient program. I hope you find this workbook to be a useful tool as part of your recovery program, or just as a tool to help you navigate the challenges and
obstacles we face in every day life.www.lifescopescoaching.com
Dr. Levitan specializes in:
- Anxiety & Panic Disorders OCD, Fears & Phobias
- Depression, BiPolar Disorder, Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Eating Disorders – Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder
- Women’s Issues
- Adjustment Disorders
- Life Transition
- Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, IL – EDD, 1995
- University of Chicago, Chicago, IL MS, 1985
- Barat College, Lake Forest, IL, BS, 1983
- COUNSELOR – MATHERS CLINIC
- 1994 – PRESENT
- Mental Health Counselor providing individual behavioral therapy to children, teenagers, and adults.
- CENTRAL DUPAGE HOSPITAL
- Consultant for program development, implementation for inpatient and outpatient settings for youth and adult programs.